Wednesday 19 June 2013

In Which I Throw Confetti and Dance Around Like A Crazy Person

I've been writing since I was a child. My very first story was published in my school's yearbook when I was seven or eight--the tale of a girl receiving a surprise puppy. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that ever since I can remember, our family has never been without a dog.

Later on, I won a national contest in a horse magazine (at that point, I was crazy about horses; I'm beginning to sense a pattern). There were various short story and poetry contests I entered as well, one in which I received a place in a Canadian anthology of high school students' work. In-between all this, I wrote fanfiction and dabbled with novels.

Regardless of all this, I have never been so excited as now, with this opportunity:

Starting in July, I will be mentored by Anne Elisabeth Stengl, the writer of "The Tales of Goldstone Wood"; one of my favourite writers ever! She will be helping me with my first draft of Ice Roses, which I am going through in preparation to write a second draft. Within the next year or so, I hope to submit this story to agents in the next step of my journey toward publication.

I've known this news for a while now, but I finally decided to share it with you, my blog readers, so we could all celebrate together! I'm so excited and feel supremely blessed to have the opportunity to work with someone whose writing, faith, and personality are all so lovely and inspiring. This summer will be a great one indeed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for commenting! I ask only a few things: please do not post anything that disparages others or is offensive. No swearing or taking the Lord's name in vain, especially. Thank you, and be blessed!